Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 04, 2015, 05:17:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sporadic engine cut out.  (Read 1274 times)
Lucifer
New user

OfflineOffline

Sporadic engine cut out.
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:19:24 AM »

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can offer advice on a problem that I first encountered yesterday. Drove the bus a short distance (4 miles) and on pulling into my street the engine died (under acceleration) all the ignition dash lights came on but the engine started again and then drove the 300 yards to my house.
I wanted to test his further so went on a short test-drive. Reversed out of my drive and set off, 300 yards to the end of the street, turn left.... get 2nd gear and accelerate..... dies. Restart, carry on up to 60mph, bus is driving well, no lumpiness or judder. I drove about 10 mile round to get back to my house and in total the engine died in this manner about half a dozen times, seemingly either on acceleration or deceleration, but not every time I accelerated or decelerated.
Obviously under acceleration when it dies there is a feeling of sudden loss of power, and a couple of times it took a few moments for the dash lights to come on before I could re-fire the engine.
I'm crap at keeping service records but I reckon it's due so I'll be changing all filters and oil just as soon as I get them, but the fact it appears as an intermittent, or sporadic fault, I'm unsure if this will solve it.
I wondered if it could be egr related??? but really I'm clutching at straws.

Hope someone can maybe shed a little light.
Thanks
Mart.
ADarbon
Get on with it
Global Moderator
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Good bye old me hello new

Re: Sporadic engine cut out.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 09:25:03 PM »

first thing id do is change the fuel filter under the passanger hatch fill the new one with injector cleaner and take it for a blast up the motorway. The egr would usually just cause black smoke

Tony the family guy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: