Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 15, 2012, 01:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at www.estima-motoring.co.uk
Poll
Question: How did you find this Forum?
Via the Website 41 (18.7%)
Google 89 (40.6%)
Another Search Engine 5 (2.3%)
Flyer / Business Card left on my bus 5 (2.3%)
Recommendation / Word of Mouth 27 (12.3%)
Link from another Forum 14 (6.4%)
Just browsing and stumbled across it 20 (9.1%)
None of the above 17 (7.8%)
Facebook 0 (0%)
YouTube 1 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 146

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Members - Introduce Yourself Here:  (Read 27544 times)
smurf
New user

« Reply #705 on: May 27, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »

Grin
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #706 on: May 27, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »

hello how are you smurf

Tony the family guy
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user

Holding it together with willpower and string

« Reply #707 on: June 01, 2011, 11:15:05 PM »

Hiya Cool

BEARDY
1st gear user

BEARDY

« Reply #708 on: June 11, 2011, 09:36:56 PM »

Hi Gents,

I came across this brilliant site today while pulling my hair out over a diesel Toyota Estima problem,I am 57yrs young ;)and I live in Dumfriesshire and work as an electronics Engineer, I also restore a few vintage cars and look after a few wedding cars mainly RR and Daimler etc, on the odd occasion I get asked to look at jobs other mechanics either wont do or shy away from :Smiley,I was servicing a 1994 Bentley Turbo R for a guy today and stuck it on the back of my truck ( 28yr old Cargo) and took it back to the chap, on arriving at his house he asked me to drive it round the back and into a courtyard which I did, he then said are you going back to your workshop with an empty truck because I have a challenge for you Huh?., he then pointed to the Toyota that was sitting at the end of the yard, he told me it had been standing there since last winter, he said one morning he started it up when the temp was -17 degrees, he said he had travelled about 1/4 ml and it started knocking Shocked, he called the AA who diagnosed oil pump failure and the knocking was the big end bearings Cry. he had it towed back to his house then 1 month later he asked another mechanic for his opinion, he said he also thought it was a big end bearing and the engine was knacker ed and even though the car only had 12,000mls on it he said it should be scrapped Shocked, it had lain there ever since, I like a challenge NOT ha ha, but though ooh well I am doing nowt this afternoon and put it on the truck and brought it to my workshop, to cut a very long story short, and after reading the excellent posts on here about teabag filters and vacuum pumps and Harmonic crankshaft balancers and also the auxiliary drive shaft doughnut's all causing this fault I feel far more confident I will crack it, the daft thing is that all these so called mechanics that diagnosed a big end bearing knew that this noise sometimes went quiet especially if you are brave enough to rev it up and the let the revs drop down to tickover the noise would disappear for a while then slowly come back, also there are no oil lights showing Wink.
BEARDY

B

HEART OF GOLD NERVES OF STEEL KNOB OF BUTTER
half-pint
Silverback
Warp drive user

« Reply #709 on: June 11, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »

Hi BEARDY,
First welcome to the forum ( full of Gents and Ladies ;-)   )

secondly, good on you tackling the esty, with all the info on the forum there isnt much the members here cant help with, almost all of it has been done at some point by someone here.

Unfortunately, cant say the same about my citroen...lol

half-pint (Jo)
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #710 on: June 11, 2011, 11:32:08 PM »

Welcome beardy nice too see another member north of the land. Hopefully it will turn out to be one of the easier fixes for you. There are some members here braking estimas so you could look to them for parts ebay seem to have a flowing amount of spares to be had. surprisingly enough Toyota can still supply parts too. Keep us up dated with your progress any problems you cant find the answer too just ask. more likely someone has covered it.

Tony the family guy
BEARDY
1st gear user

BEARDY

« Reply #711 on: June 12, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »

Hi BEARDY,
First welcome to the forum ( full of Gents and Ladies ;-)   )

secondly, good on you tackling the esty, with all the info on the forum there isnt much the members here cant help with, almost all of it has been done at some point by someone here.

Unfortunately, cant say the same about my citroen...lol

half-pint (Jo)

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME AND YES YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE HELPFULL CHAPS ON HERE.

BEARDY

BEARDY
1st gear user

BEARDY

« Reply #712 on: June 12, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »

Welcome beardy nice too see another member north of the land. Hopefully it will turn out to be one of the easier fixes for you. There are some members here braking estimas so you could look to them for parts ebay seem to have a flowing amount of spares to be had. surprisingly enough Toyota can still supply parts too. Keep us up dated with your progress any problems you cant find the answer too just ask. more likely someone has covered it.

Thanks for the welcome Tony and yes I will keep you posted on the knocking fault on the Estima, I will post some info shortly on the technical site.

BEARDY

mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user

Holding it together with willpower and string

« Reply #713 on: June 13, 2011, 12:54:20 AM »

Welcome aboard.

Seen your other thread not much I can add to it that hasn't already been said but if I think of something else I'll chip in Grin

nirvanacc
New user

« Reply #714 on: June 22, 2011, 06:27:52 PM »

Hello All  Cheesy

I'm new to this forum and haven't got a clue if I'm even doing this right!

Nirvanacc
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #715 on: June 22, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »

Welcome aboard Nirvanacc, you have posted in the right place so no problems there any problems just ask away and the helpful bunch on here will do all they can to help. have a good look around the site and join in

Tony

Tony the family guy
real ronaldo
New user

« Reply #716 on: June 23, 2011, 10:45:01 PM »

hello everyone, just to say hello, having recently got a 1998 lucida [R reg] 2.4 PETROL
80k mls;132klm feeling really chuffed about it, I know its early days yet but going on 1st serious
run next week -Manchester/west Wales. any general views on this model? I believe its quite rare!
Cheers
Real Ronaldo
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #717 on: June 23, 2011, 11:00:57 PM »

there's no major issues with the petrol engine with the age and mileage it should serve you well. keep it serviced any questions just post up.
Welcome aboard

Tony

Tony the family guy
gilbertotron
New user

« Reply #718 on: June 24, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »

hello from new zealand
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus