Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at www.estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Estima  (Read 136 times)
cods68
3rd gear user

« on: March 02, 2012, 09:06:16 AM »

Hi all just wondered what your thoughts on this estima on eBay 140713444736 just offered him �1000 if the bus is as described .... Any imput on things to look for would be great .... I giving up on previa so selling it as spares repairs  Cheesy ...

Don't pee in the wind then tell me it's god damn raining
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »

4wd bit is strange. sads need replacing. cant go on much with the engine change the only way to be sure would be to have a look at the condition of the coolant.
Why the low price would be my first question too him.
Engine cracked early is there a problem in the coolant system that could have caused this.
other than that it looks nice, if it was closer too me id have a look over it for you but if you can get it for the �1000 its worth it.

Tony the family guy
cods68
3rd gear user

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 11:58:23 AM »

Yeah I thought the 4 wheel drive seamed strange ... So sads need replacing they a hard or expensive job ? It's worth a day out at least it's right on the coast where he lives lol  Cheesy

ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:24:01 PM »

If you can go have a sniff seems a very cheep price especially him saying it had the engine changed. Might be genuine and been struggling to get a buyer because where he is.
My though on the rear door is it got a bad dent and some one has changed it with a second hand one.
sads on a 2wd isnt bad if you fancy a trip to Scotland id sort them for you. Dont go for the cheapest they dont last long Kernoman says the ones he got are good. i got my last ones from jap auto little bit more expensive but worth the money.
Good luck.

Tony the family guy
cods68
3rd gear user

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 07:50:24 AM »

Well I had a good sniff around it . Drove well and pulled sweet . The door was only plastic trim pushed in a bit needs replacing .. Drove it home 180 miles only fault I found was heater blowing hot and cold and after 2 hrs temp gauge went to 3/4 when putting foot down up hill , but went straight back down when taking foot off  Smiley just needs coolant and oil change oil was abit black .. Oh and noise when ticking over . Is there Sads at front because that's where noise is ? I'll upload pics when polished up . And fuel wise was great compared to previa got back on just over a quart of a tank 200 km so all good ... Was way out in sticks though think that's why he couldn't get shut ...  But worth the day out in the country going through the mountains was gert lush as us farmers say lol

ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 09:25:48 PM »

give the rad a good flush and check the thermostat. also be a good idea to buy a new cap for the bottle.
Oil is always Black when change on these but do it any way also your fuel filter better to start from a fresh knowing that its done. 
Is it auto did you check the fluid colour should be cherry red if not needs changing let me know im looking for someone to go halves on a 20ltr bottle to do my change
thers two SADS one front and one Back to connect the engine to the alternator If you fancy a trip to Scotland for Easter im free to give you bus a full service.

Tony the family guy
cods68
3rd gear user

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:25:49 PM »

Oil always back then wow seamed a bit to black to me  Grin guess diesel take me some getting used too lol . Sads ordered from jap parts eBay . Read tutorial you did so hopefully that be sorted  Grin . Does Paul still do service kits ... And yeah auto oil be good I'll be doing it anyway sooner give her full works then I know all should be good ....  Grin

ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:48:01 PM »

Just PM Paul and he will give you the instructions for ordering
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370282353380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1594wt_1163
been watching this on ebay need somebody to go halves with it will save alot of money buying this need about 10 ltrs.
From the tutorial. i did it a little different and only needed to bother the bottom bolt on the horse shoe  mark it before you undo it so you know where to put it back
i undid the sad by the engine then the one at the front then the bottom horse shoe bolt pulled the shaft away from the engine engine sad comes out pull the shaft towards the engine front sad falls out replace opposite way

Tony the family guy
cods68
3rd gear user

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »

That seams like a good price I'll be doing mine some time so yeah I'd go Halfs depends when you thinking of getting it . And pm Paul about service kits   Grin ... Seen jap parts do them too  Cool

ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:14:36 PM »

gonna do it around July so i could bring it it to Bristol if your still going save on post

Tony the family guy
cods68
3rd gear user

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »

Yeah that sounds like a proper plan lets go for it . Give me time to sort rest out so  Grin .

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: