Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 03, 2012, 10:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The one that got away  (Read 735 times)
Mothsiri
Don't Ask Me I Know Nothing About Cars!!
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as K88DUE

The one that got away
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:39:28 PM »

The N reg A6 was the final Audi I had before my Estima came along. It was a 2.5 TDI avant that I put a 7 seat conversion into amongst many other mods.  I don't know if my one was bad or they are bad as a whole but it finished a 13 year run of Audi's only in my ownership, I probably had more than 13 of them also (counting the ones I scrapped personally!) Thats not what this is about though, hindsight being the great thing it is, 2 years ago I had a second Audi, A project if you will, and not the first. I sold due to a personal tragedy and unfortunately kept the money munching A6, its only now I realise the mistake because had I kept the project it would still be here......
The project was a G reg Audi 90 Quattro.  The second attempt at one of these but most successful of all the cars I tried to ''pimp''  The car was very straight, only fault was that the gear handle felt like it was going to fall out. I bought the car via ebay as usual for £400, no toys on it at all not even the rear spoiler as the previous owner had removed it for a respray. I started with the interior, 3 spoke original steering wheel, set of 3 clocks at ashtray, full black leather sport interior, decent radio/cd.  Then the outside, 16 spoke 17 alloys new, front spoiler RS2 type mounted on the bumper, Deep rear bumper (chopped from a mondeo front bumper and mounted on the original 90 bumper, WRC type 2 rear spoiler.  I also had 2 pair of Manta GTE running boards with the wheel trim extentions, anybodies guess how they would fit!  Complete new exhaust, fully serviced with cam belt Sad  In the 2 years I had it I had only two drives in it, the day I bought it and a month before I sold it when it came back after the front and back bumpers were fitted
I had 80's + avants, 90's,  100s saloons, avants, quattros, 200's avants saloons, and the top 200 which got nicked Sad  and of all of them this was the one car I was nuts about and still am I must admit.   I never got used of the car. Having had many lively trips in a 100 avant quattro they were great to drive at speed around corners, they stuck to the road really well.  Not that I'm a boy racer, I'm not!
I kept the 90's lines clean and straight, I loved the look of it after doing the work on it and had it almost complete.  The side skirts would have probably been the last thing.  I did consider a sport quattro type bonnet mod but didn't get the chance to follow through on the thinking bit..........The 90 was sold where it was got -ebay for a very dissappointing £600 Sad  A 90 on ebay these days is extremely rare, a 90 with mods like that       IMPOSSIBLE  Would I have another one? Definitely! Smiley
There is a moral to this story boys, next time you have a choice, the car or the woman you know what to do, don't you Smiley

Just look at some of the the junk I bought.........DOH

Mothsiri
Don't Ask Me I Know Nothing About Cars!!
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as K88DUE

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »

Anybody seen that 90 of mine, went up to Liverpool-ish from what I remember......

Tom

Just look at some of the the junk I bought.........DOH

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: