Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 14, 2012, 01:26:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MOT's There is Another Way  (Read 715 times)
Mothsiri
Don't Ask Me I Know Nothing About Cars!!
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as K88DUE

MOT's There is Another Way
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:32:37 AM »

Fed up with the MOT scams, Here's a few good solutions for those of you who dont know.

Martin Lewis' website is fantastic, The powers that be would not have it if they could have their way and it covers just what it says.

The link

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot?gclid=CISFgbe49ZsCFV8B4wodMHSW_w#full

Heres another link mentioned on the site

http://www.motmax.co.uk/

Will be interesting to hear your stories UndecidedSmileySmileySmiley

Just look at some of the the junk I bought.........DOH

Kernowman
Hold onto your nuts lads...this place is full of A.P.E.S.
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as....... PGR ポール

Re: MOT's There is Another Way
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »

I do agree there are MOT stations out there that do profiteer and make up faults so they can screw you for some more money..   thankfully the local one I use is not like that and has even lent me a socket to do the front cv boot myself. 
Last one was done thru GT Motors by MOT station next door... failed on a bulge in the tread.. so only a tyre need to pass.( was a tyre centre as it goes).lol  Tongue

But I have been to cowboy test centres and I would also recommend using a council test centre if you are not mechanically minded... as they do no stand to gain from any work required to pass the test... so will not invent failures.  Wink

The online link shows they're a long way from me...   Cry

2012 meets season... check out MEET area for events...we might be near you.
Dazzler
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 10:25:58 AM »

The Mot centre i use only does Mot's and doesn't do any mechanics.Have found my pass rate is 100%, with only a few advisories. Smiley
Mothsiri
Don't Ask Me I Know Nothing About Cars!!
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as K88DUE

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »

Quote from: Dazzler on July 27, 2009, 10:25:58 AM
The Mot centre i use only does Mot's and doesn't do any mechanics.Have found my pass rate is 100%, with only a few advisories. Smiley
These are probably better than some of the horror stories one either experiences or hears about, The very first mot was a big problem as told in another thread... Then I used Anglo Continental in Milton Keynes for about 10 years, they done both and were good, no con men there I have to say, came to Northampton and hit luck with lion services, they don't do Mot's but take the car for you, £40 for pinky last time and failed only on the fog light.  Family outfit who don't charge the earth and are decent folk to deal with...........but not all.
Northampton is not car friendly, cameras everywhere, humps (car wreckers) everywhere, patrols everywhere.  No street maintenance and when they do resurface they put humps Huh?Huh?Huh?  And no council MOT centre And no place to get recycled veg. 
Milton Keynes APES owners fare better, far better. Few humps, less cameras, less patrols and they have both the council MOT and recycled veg Huh?:Smiley
I hope the rest of you fare better off than Kernowman and I Smiley

Just look at some of the the junk I bought.........DOH

mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Holding it together with willpower and string

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:42:34 PM »

A handy tip although if you find a decent garage it's always a blessing.

Mine is almost always too busy to fit in MOT repairs unless it's an emergency. The only fail I've had that I had to get him to do so far was the brakes and that was only because I didn't have time to fiddle myself. The fuel pump on the other hand he'd ignored the odd drip 3 tests running it was only when it dumped a pint or so on his floor that he failed it Tongue

The garage I used before was outrageous not just on the MOT fail list the advisories would stretch to a full page too Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: