Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 14, 2012, 11:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SPEAKERS what to be aware of when fitting.....  (Read 412 times)
bionic belcher
5th gear user
OfflineOffline

USED TO BE MONSIGNA

SPEAKERS what to be aware of when fitting.....
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »

When choosing the right speakers for you & your ride here are some tips/help to make things go a little easier.

The higher power rating the speaker has, generally means that the magnet on the back will be larger. therfore, when fitting to the rear (over the old toyota stock ones) you may need a pair of these:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SA-007-6x9-Inch-Speaker-Spacers-6-x-9-Speaker-Adaptor_W0QQitemZ170429841425QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item27ae690011

This will keep the magnet clear of the seatbelt mechanism behind the trim. Also makes a great 'Armrest' for the rear passengers.

Please bear this in mind when choosing speakers for the front as well.

A good set of 6 X 9's should set you back around £50 per pair for good quality ones. If you are only paying £20 ish per pair don't use an external amp, as this will probably blow them when the volume is cranked-up.

please feel free to add your own tip's to this thread, im only speaking from experience with my old bus and other ICE that ive fitted. i do ICE installs for my friends and family.

If It's Not Broke.... Dont Try To Fix-It. (like me....DoH!)
wesking
2nd gear user
OfflineOffline

Re: SPEAKERS what to be aware of when fitting.....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »

hi mate.i have 6x9s in the front which are vibes and 250 watt.its a big magnet but not to thick and they just fit.in the back are a set of conponet speakers but they are a bit crap and need upgrading.but behind the drivers seat i have a 750 watt actice sub by egde.its a 10 ins and are in halfords at half price at just £80.so no need for a separate amp and it sounds good aswell.apart from the rears. Wink
Mothsiri
Don't Ask Me I Know Nothing About Cars!!
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as K88DUE

Re: SPEAKERS what to be aware of when fitting.....
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »

Nice tip Ade, will be having those eventually also, no doubt Grin

Just look at some of the the junk I bought.........DOH

bionic belcher
5th gear user
OfflineOffline

USED TO BE MONSIGNA

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:46:25 PM »

Quote from: wesking on February 06, 2010, 10:44:33 PM
hi mate.i have 6x9s in the front which are vibes and 250 watt.its a big magnet but not to thick and they just fit.in the back are a set of conponet speakers but they are a bit crap and need upgrading.but behind the drivers seat i have a 750 watt actice sub by egde.its a 10 ins and are in halfords at half price at just £80.so no need for a separate amp and it sounds good aswell.apart from the rears. Wink

If It's Not Broke.... Dont Try To Fix-It. (like me....DoH!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: