Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 14, 2012, 10:35:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Down...............none to go.  (Read 295 times)
Swanny
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

2 Down...............none to go.
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:08:41 PM »

So, the Citroen Xsara finally gave up the ghost when the clutch collapsed, so having to borrow peoples cars to commute, but can just about deal with that. However, the Citroen C5 started playing up on Saturday. Front brakes were binding. The handbrake mechanism's on the calipers (front ones...just to be awkward) weren't releasing, but managed to free them up. However, tonight, whilst driving, the brakes came on solid, and have stayed that way. After looking around, it appears that when I wound the pistons back in, I may have damaged the handbrake adjuster in the caliper, and now, there is no fix...............woohoo...........only £200 a caliper (pattern!!!), and we're going away in the caravan in a few days!.

I hate French cars!
propnut
4th gear user
OfflineOffline

Re: 2 Down...............none to go.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 09:43:30 PM »

Before buying the Chrysler I was looking at a Renault Espace 2.2 DCI....untill that is I started reading all the reviews  Shocked  The Renault is not alone though all the other Frechies get bad reviews as well e.g. Peugeot 806/807, Citroen Synergie/C8 all electrical gremlins except for the Espace which has in addition to electrical gremlins, failed Engines at sub 60K miles, BAS faults, speedo faults, gearbox failures etc etc. No wonder Nissan reputation started going downhill when they started using Renault engines and no wonder they soon eneded the Renault / Nissan relationship. They should stick to growing garlic and leave cars to the Japs.
Tetleysmooth
2nd gear user
OfflineOffline

Re: 2 Down...............none to go.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 11:10:26 AM »

Quote from: Swanny on April 05, 2010, 09:08:41 PM
So, the Citroen Xsara finally gave up the ghost when the clutch collapsed, so having to borrow peoples cars to commute, but can just about deal with that. However, the Citroen C5 started playing up on Saturday. Front brakes were binding. The handbrake mechanism's on the calipers (front ones...just to be awkward) weren't releasing, but managed to free them up. However, tonight, whilst driving, the brakes came on solid, and have stayed that way. After looking around, it appears that when I wound the pistons back in, I may have damaged the handbrake adjuster in the caliper, and now, there is no fix...............woohoo...........only £200 a caliper (pattern!!!), and we're going away in the caravan in a few days!.

I hate French cars!

I've got a Jeep Grand Cherokee here, which may be up for grabs tomorrow. It's got a towbar with twin electrics and is road legal with 7 months test and tax until the end of April. It's the 4.0 litre sraight six though, so economy isn't brilliant.
I'm just waiting on the outcome of the Previa's new thermostat before I decide whether to sell or keep it.
Swanny
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »

Problem still isn't fixed, and.....just to make my blood boil even more, the locking wheel nut key is broken!!!. AAAAaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: