Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 03, 2012, 09:26:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And the next daft question is......  (Read 857 times)
Tigermouse
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

And the next daft question is......
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »

What are the correct tyre pressures for my Granvia? There's a sticker just inside the driver's door with the tyre sizes on and then 2.4 - means absolutely nothing at all to me. And it doesn't tell me in the handbook or on the tyres themselves either. I'm going away for the bank holiday and I don't want to be suffereing any accidents or emergencies because of incorrect tyre pressures
Gary (not GT Gary)
Administrator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Re: And the next daft question is......
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 04:31:52 AM »

the 2.4 is measured in bar. A bar is 14.5 psi, so its basically telling you that your tyre pressures should be 35psi. If the Granvia is anything like the Estima family for tyre wear, you'll likely be better at using around 38-40psi.
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Holding it together with willpower and string

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 05:12:19 AM »

Quote from: Gary on May 21, 2010, 04:31:52 AM
the 2.4 is measured in bar. A bar is 14.5 psi, so its basically telling you that your tyre pressures should be 35psi. If the Granvia is anything like the Estima family for tyre wear, you'll likely be better at using around 38-40psi.

No no no, Silly Gary a bar is somewhere stocked with beers and spirits Tongue

I agree though ignore the pressure on the door and the tyres should last a good while longer, not sure the Jap pressure is so far from the pressure that spreads tyre wear and tear evenly.
Bear in mind we're talking about the Estima so keep an eye out for uneven wear and be prepared to adjust the pressure accordingly Smiley

Tigermouse
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »

Thanks guys - I've just checked them and the nearside rear and both front were on 40, the other one was slightly below so I've put a bit more air in it. Hopefully should be ok now - thanks again
Gary (not GT Gary)
Administrator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 05:26:12 PM »

Quote from: mr mince on May 21, 2010, 05:12:19 AM
Quote from: Gary on May 21, 2010, 04:31:52 AM

No no no, Silly Gary a bar is somewhere stocked with beers and spirits Tongue

I agree though ignore the pressure on the door and the tyres should last a good while longer, not sure the Jap pressure is so far from the pressure that spreads tyre wear and tear evenly.
Bear in mind we're talking about the Estima so keep an eye out for uneven wear and be prepared to adjust the pressure accordingly Smiley

Actually, we're talking about the Granvia.  TongueWink
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Holding it together with willpower and string

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 12:30:38 AM »

Quote from: Gary on May 21, 2010, 05:26:12 PM
Actually, we're talking about the Granvia.  TongueWink

No he's talking about the Granvia, I'm relating my Estima tyre pressure experience vs official tyre pressures, just in case there's a similarity

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: