Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 15, 2012, 12:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Bio power v100"  (Read 1332 times)
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Holding it together with willpower and string

Re: "Bio power v100"
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »

Might be worth cleaning the tank strainer. My silver bus used to be very lumpy on veg when cold, sometimes to the point of stalling if the revs weren't kept above 1500. After removing the tank strainer the lumpy idle vanished Smiley

Kernowman
Hold onto your nuts lads...this place is full of A.P.E.S.
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as....... PGR ポール

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 04:03:04 PM »

I have the part number if you want to order a new T-bag from toyota... it's also list in HOW TO CHANGE YOUR T-BAG thread...lol

Easy job to do... plus you can check inside tank at same time and see what gunk is in there.  WinkWink

2012 meets season... check out MEET area for events...we might be near you.
Kernowman
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »

Here's link to thread will all info..
T-bag change

mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »

Quote from: Kernowman on July 10, 2010, 04:03:04 PM
I have the part number if you want to order a new T-bag from toyota... it's also list in HOW TO CHANGE YOUR T-BAG thread...lol

Easy job to do... plus you can check inside tank at same time and see what gunk is in there.  WinkWink

I'll live without, I know what's in my tank I see most of it pour through the funnel, would be different if I used stuff from the pumps though it would be back in sharpish Smiley

Kernowman
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »

True...lol 
Most dirt comes from bottom of pfs tanks thru pumps whilst fueling up.

drawocssor
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »

am a bit of a fool missed all these posts by only looking at the first page!

Am gonna have a look at the the tank next week end, thanks for the PN will get one and change it any way.

Posted on page 1:-

Well you can tell I'm back in work full time now! Never seem to have the time to post midweek! Well did my first long trip in the bus last week, wednesday and thursday down to Bridgend. 512 miles and all good.
The V100 is running well but the bus does not like running when cold on 100%, much better on 90% with a bit of mineral thrown in! Am gonna get a pre heater come pay day and see if that makes a difference just until warm.

Otherwise the bus did me proud! getting about 28 to the gallon, so not bad.

powered by chips!
Gary (not GT Gary)
Administrator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »

I'd just run on a mix that doesn't cause starting problems. Adding fuel heaters and other devices to try and thin the veg just seems like too much messing around in comparison.
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »

Quote from: Gary on July 13, 2010, 09:36:34 PM
I'd just run on a mix that doesn't cause starting problems. Adding fuel heaters and other devices to try and thin the veg just seems like too much messing around in comparison.

Agree, I used to have a battle of wits against my Serena's battery everytime the temp hit single digits, not worth it for a tenner of petrol Cool

drawocssor
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »

Its not even that it has starting problems really, first turn of the key every time, its just that it is lumpy untill it warms up. Just being sad and thinking of excess engine wear and uneven metal expansions. Does the petrol mix go away way to reduce this! the v100 is already thinned and he dose a different mix in the winter, do you think it might be an idea to chuck any extra bit of petrol in as well?