Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 03, 2012, 09:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Towing mirrors needed for Granvia - which ones??  (Read 500 times)
Tigermouse
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

Towing mirrors needed for Granvia - which ones??
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:51:33 PM »

Can anyone tell me which towing mirrors would fit on my Granvia mirrors? I've just been to my local caravan/camping place to get some and none of the clamp-on type ones they had would fit, as there's hardly any space between the glass and the plastic housing. The only ones which would go on are the suck-it-and-see ones, which I didn't really want - I've had my doubts whether that type would actually stay put, and even the assistant said that in windy conditions they can come off.

I'm doing my caravan towing course in a week's time and have to have the towing mirrors - any suggestions/reccommendations anyone please?
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

Re: Towing mirrors needed for Granvia - which ones??
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »

I thought the mirrors on a granvia would be big enough to see

Tony the family guy

Tigermouse
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 12:06:17 AM »

Yes, I think they are - but it's a stipulation of the towing course that I have towing mirrors. If I don't have them I won't be allowed to do it.
Gary (not GT Gary)
Administrator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:07:52 AM »

For the towing course, why not just use the sucker type? Once you have passed, you can use whatever you like.
Tigermouse
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 01:16:38 AM »

Well I've finally got my towing mirrors. I went back to the caravan/camping place to get the suck-it-and-see ones as suggested and spoke to an older more knowledgeable assistant than the one I saw the other day - he took one look at my Granvia mirrors and immediately knew which towing mirrors would fit. He even tried them for me just to make sure. And they only cost £13 each so a bargain!
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »

thats exellent. always helps when selling a product to know what your selling younger older is nothing too do with it the boys just there for the pay. I was in sales in shops since i was 16, when i started out i found it very imbarrising not knowing the answeres too the questions. So learnt the product where ever i went.
Funny thing im in security now, because i also learnt retail pays rubbish and treats you with little respect.

Im spamming again but would be helpful if you post a picture of the mirrors plus them fitted for others in the future that ask the same question

Tony the family guy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: