Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 15, 2012, 12:45:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: radiator  (Read 236 times)
cods68
3rd gear user
OfflineOffline

radiator
« on: February 07, 2011, 02:20:40 PM »

hi all ive just got myself a 1996 2.4 previa ... upon its 1st trip the radiator burst so i topped it up to get home .... i replaced with a new 1 fellowin the instructions on here ....hot air blowing from the heater kept toppin up went for a little 5min drive and 1 of the hoses blow off Sadso i refilled the system and the blowers was cold so i drove around for a while the heater started blowering hot air ....the temp was up and down from half to 3quarts then it started riseing when i got back home ,i found the new radiator had a few pin holes around the bottom .... Sadi dont think the pressure in the system could cause the the burst radiator could it Huh?ive checked the overflow pipe on the headertank  thats clear Sadshould be getting replacement radiator tomorrow after they checked this 1 Sadany help would be great ........oh ive had a engine management light on since it 1st burst .... many thanks
Neil

Don't pee in the wind then tell me it's god damn raining
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

Re: radiator
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 06:39:15 PM »

sounds like a faulty rad. it may be a good idea to check if your thermostat is working. did you give the system a good flush. what coolant did you use

Tony the family guy
Kernowman
Hold onto your nuts lads...this place is full of A.P.E.S.
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as....... PGR ポール

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »

Also check you have the correct cap and that it moves freely.
A faulty/stuck cap will not release excess pressure...it will have to go somewhere..  Undecided

A Tony mentioned... the thermostat could be the culprit... do you know if it was a genuine TOYOTA stat... as patent ones have been known to jam up.

2012 meets season... check out MEET area for events...we might be near you.
cods68
3rd gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »

hi yeah i flushed system out a few times .... coolent i used was comma extreme g48 as reconmended from the shop Smiley... got report back it was a faulty rad not sealed properly Smileyis it worth changing stat ? and as read through the forums a post said the engine management light prob the knock sensor ... are these hard to change ? and would it damage the engine running it with it on ?

ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:47 PM »

propnut is the best person to ask about the knock sensor think it gets damaged with overheating.
just mentioned the thermostat because of your original over heat

Tony the family guy
cods68
3rd gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »

just checked stat that seams to be ok Smileygot radiator bk now so ill be having another crack at it through the week fingers crossed  Winkill check through the forums about the knock senser thanks for your input  Cheesy

ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 05:37:08 PM »

yeah have a flick through the previa threads im sure its has come up before now.

Tony the family guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: