Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 03, 2012, 10:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY OLD 66 CHEVYT  (Read 266 times)
noseypoke
3rd gear user
OfflineOffline

MY OLD 66 CHEVYT
« on: October 12, 2011, 11:35:53 AM »

This one i bought from the "BLUES BROS" when they had a place in Crewe.Bog standard straight 6, 3 speed manual,all the joints in the gear change linkage were shot to hell so you did'nt know what gear you were in (if you were lucky to finf one :Smiley
Any how first chance I got out came the 6 pot and box and I found a 283ci V8 and t350 auto box and with a lot of parts from a dealer(REZ ENGINEERING) in Montana U.S. I got it back on the road.
We went to a DRAG meet at Aintree race track,and 4 of us sneaked onto the track while the Aintree Circuit Club were inbetween timing races.We got chased by the club track marshal in his "SOUPED UP ANGLIA" >Cheesybut after 3 laps he never caught us so we got off quick!!
Let's see if this pic materializes ......Not a very good pic as it's behing glass hangin on my wall

Click Here
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:20:59 PM by ADarbon » Logged

It's enough to drive ya to drink!
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Holding it together with willpower and string

Re: MY OLD 66 CHEVYT
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:15:40 AM »

Quote from: noseypoke on October 12, 2011, 11:35:53 AM
"SOUPED UP ANGLIA"

Brilliant, my dad had a few of those, never imagined one souped up Grin

noseypoke
3rd gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:58:31 AM »

Cheers Mr Mince,Yeah they were good trucks,only "souped up" part of the truck refurb was the lowering kit,the bog standard rear suspension was brilliant in it's own way....like a big swinging arm (think motorbike) But with lowered coilovers it was even better Wink
engine that I dropped in was bog standard 283ci v8 Chevy,with an old 2 barrel carb..(better fuel +fast up thru the gears,no fantastic top-end speed)Apart from that one off Aintree gig,she was a every day work truck.
Wish I still had it :(But we don't miss em till their gone Grin

It's enough to drive ya to drink!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: