Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 03, 2012, 09:58:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adarbons sad SADs  (Read 571 times)
bryanj
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

Re: Adarbons sad SADs
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »

I rang a company called Driveline Services in Queensland and told them about my issues.

They advised me that they use these couplings exclusively on the Tarago (wide body) that is in numbers here and also on the lesser numbers of Estimas.

Never had a complaint or noticed any of the problems like mine. I was told that rotating the shaft won't fix it as they don't worry about the old position when fitting.

They suggested balancing the shaft as I have improved it with my bush balance technique or just go back to the Toyota couplings.

I have had enough at the moment and have to start a new job next week and study at uni towards a Masters. So I will give it some use. The vibration is only now over about 100 rpm and only noticeable when a/c on at the lights.
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 08:02:01 PM »

well spent the day under the bus today replacing my sads, managed to do it without bothering belts took the one off by the engine first then pulled it to drop the front one slipped the new front one in did the bolts up. had to losen the bottom bolt of the horse shoe got My mat to pull the front reassembly so i could pop the sad carrier and aux shaft into position did the bolts up. had to fight the horse shoe to get it back in to position started up and no more noise.
 Yippy I did it at last oil change done as well sweet dude.
3 hours It took me. 

Tony the family guy

jon27267
2nd gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »

well done tony, still haven,t touched mine yet, althou the exhaust is sweet now.
did have a chance of wing, headlight and glow plugs for £50, collect, but weather was bad here and couldn,t collect. Phoned the guy today and he scrapped the car, worth more apparently, he takes things off like diesel pump etc.
So back to the drawing board again. lol
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »

that's a shame Jon. I think the main difference with the sads was i used a better quality one this time. the rubber is stronger than that of the cheaper ones. Which i think is more the reason i had no hassle with rattling noises after.
You get what you pay for i suppose. no more cheap buys for me.

family gone down too Leeds i got to stay here and work. Flying down to London on Monday to catch up with them.
piece and quiet.
Spent my day running network cables Upstairs and putting sockets in. tried the old wireless route got fed up with the kids complaining that there internet gone.

Tony the family guy

cods68
3rd gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »

Hi where did you end up getting the sads from ? Can't get under mine for 2 wks   :Smileythe mechanic told the guy I got bus off 1 exhaust bushes is perished . But not checked to confirm this on time at present 

Don't pee in the wind then tell me it's god damn raining
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2012, 09:16:43 PM »

I got mine from Jap auto spares from ebay can be a bit more but they have always give me a good service

Tony the family guy

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: