Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 15, 2012, 01:22:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 93 times)
Davem
New user

OfflineOffline

Hello everyone
« on: February 21, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »

Hi im Dave and live in Plymouth,have just bought a 1996 Lucida 2.2 td, it had two months mot left so i took it to a garage to see what/ if anything was wrong with it. Turns out it needed both droplinks renewing,front off side wheel bearing and the off side hand brake was below par. With the help of this site i replaced the drop links and thought whilst im at replace the rool bar bushes,however the bottom bolt on the near side would not tighten up and just goes round and round,should have left it alone! Think i adjusted the rear brake shoes,now just need to do the wheel bearing and will have a full mot. Just like to say what an excellent source of information this site is,and you all seem a very friendly lot.
Kernowman
Hold onto your nuts lads...this place is full of A.P.E.S.
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as....... PGR ポール

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »

Hi and welcome to the community... we have pooled a vast about of info about these much loved buses.
Feel free to ask any questions if you can't find the info you're after and join in the chat too.

The front wheel bearing will need to be done on a press... ask you local garage if they can press out the old one and press in the new one for you  Wink
Best to get a genuine kit... they're on ebay, as they have the dust seals you'll need. At least one will get damage when pressing out old bearing. Not that bad a job to do...is yours 2 or 4wd ?

2012 meets season... check out MEET area for events...we might be near you.
72 datsun
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:40:43 PM »

hi dave WELCOME! i to live in plymouth i have a rare 5speed bus if you need bits and bobs for ya bus orston motors in plymstock has lots of spares new and used .
Davem
New user

OfflineOffline

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:30 AM »

Thanks for the welcome mine is a 2wd,and did not know Oreston motors had bit and spares very helpfull thank you.Will take off hub for garage to put new bearing in,where is the best place to get new seals from?
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 07:26:48 PM »

new bearing should come with seals

Tony the family guy
Davem
New user

OfflineOffline

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 03:10:23 AM »

Thanks should have guessed it would come with new seals, the photo of the car you have is just like mine but mines not as shiny,looks nice.
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »

I wish thats how Dentey looked at the moment. going to need T-cutting to get it looking as good as that again. bearing kit i got even come with a new nut and a big bag of grease.
I typed up a how too but lost the photos for it. so not actually posted it yet would be good if you could take some photos for me and i could finish the tutorial.

Tony the family guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: