Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 15, 2012, 01:26:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: speedo on town ace  (Read 39 times)
rose4765
2nd gear user
OfflineOffline

speedo on town ace
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »

hi guys not been on for ages due to personal stuff. hope everyone is ok  Smileyi'm having trouble with the speedo on my ace again got it sorted once and it's packed up again it's a 1993 2.0 ltr turbo diesel auto, it was working fine then just stopped working for no apparent reason i've been told it might be cable or electronic so firstly how do i tell and where do i find the cable or wire ? also i've got an intermittent oil leak i keep leaving trails of oil all around town lol it will do it for a couple of days then stop then start again when i've looked underneath it is running down the side of the oil filter, i did a 120 mile round trip the other day and when i got back the tailgate was covered in oil but the old bus ran a treat with no probs. i can't see where it's leaking from so has anyone got any ideas where it might be coming from, i've checked the filter is tight the only other thing i can think of is if maybe the o ring on the filter is knackered. i'd be glad of any suggestions.
ADarbon
Veggie power
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

Dentey the veg bus

Re: speedo on town ace
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »

best way to tell with the oil is to clean up the best you can and watch my bets on a dodgy o ring once warm the oil seeping past it.
check the connection at the back, take the clock out and check clean put back in if still no you'll need to check the connection to the speed sensor. not sure where it will be on an ace. good luck.

Tony the family guy
rose4765
2nd gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »

thanks for that i'll give it a go fingers crossed  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: