Estima Motoring Community
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 03, 2012, 10:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Don't forget to have a look at our website at estima-motoring.co.uk
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my old sierra  (Read 2845 times)
kerry
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

Good at being bad

my old sierra
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:46:31 PM »

my old baby.....

started off white...to many white ones so i asked my dad to spray it so he did i had it a one off blue with metallic flake then got board so i asked dad to spray it again and here is how she came out........

Phoenix
Re: my old sierra
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »

Is your dad Les?
Kimberley
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:56:07 PM »

That is lovely Kerry  Wink
Kernowman
Hold onto your nuts lads...this place is full of A.P.E.S.
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as....... PGR ポール

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:06:05 PM »

I have to admit... I was not a fan of sierra's when they first came out...as they stopped making Cortina's and replaced them with the sierra... but used Cortina parts/engine, etc to make the sierra..

Cortina's were so much more fun to drive.... WinkGrin

2012 meets season... check out MEET area for events...we might be near you.
kerry
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

Good at being bad

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 06:14:29 PM »

yeah my dad is Les SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Dazzler
Global Moderator
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 08:37:58 PM »

I used to have a 2.3 Diesel Saphire,loved it to bits until some thoughtless oik,ploughed into and wrote it off :Smiley
Nice car there Kerry Cool
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Holding it together with willpower and string

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:58:06 PM »

Had a 1.8 sapphire myself, shipped it off about 7/8 years ago when the heater matrix started leaking badly, replaced it with a Serena Undecided

Bloke across the street from my mum bought it, looks better than when I sold it too. The last petrol car I had, still miss it  Sad(apart from the boot space Tongue)

Centaur
Silverback
Hyperdrive user
OfflineOffline

...lurker!

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »

Had a cracking 1987 Sierra 2.0 Ghia Auto  Cool- lovely car, rwd fun to be had.

Not the most reliable of starters in the damp/wet though  :Smiley

Southern geezer, lost in the Midlands...!
kerry
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

Good at being bad

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »

the only reason i dont drive that saff now is cause this happened to it CryCryCryCry

All cause a wally in a pug 307 wasn't paying attention in town near to teville gate one night i only went to take a dvd back to blockbuster worst thing is i never got there and ended up with a fine :Smiley:Smiley:Smiley

Swanny
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »

Ouch, well and truly rear ended Shocked
Festina Diligenter
My hovercraft is full of eels
4th gear user
OfflineOffline

Gucken Gemein In Friesan Grun

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 07:02:12 PM »

Angel by day slag by nite Shocked:Smiley

I was PW for a bit, then embryonically MT, briefly Alan, now I'm what it says up there ^.............and over a bit
Kernowman
Hold onto your nuts lads...this place is full of A.P.E.S.
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Formerly known as....... PGR ポール

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 07:17:10 PM »

Quote from: mr mince on August 25, 2008, 08:58:06 PM
Had a 1.8 sapphire myself, shipped it off about 7/8 years ago when the heater matrix started leaking badly, replaced it with a Serena Undecided

Bloke across the street from my mum bought it, looks better than when I sold it too. The last petrol car I had, still miss it  Sad(apart from the boot space Tongue)
shame on you..swearing in here like that... Shocked:Smiley

2012 meets season... check out MEET area for events...we might be near you.
mr mince
Brrrrooooooommm
Silverback
Warp drive user
OfflineOffline

Holding it together with willpower and string

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 08:45:40 PM »

Quote from: Kernowman on August 26, 2008, 07:17:10 PM
Quote from: mr mince on August 25, 2008, 08:58:06 PM

shame on you..swearing in here like that... Shocked:Smiley

TongueEmbarrassed
I swore more often when I was driving it Tongue

I forgot to mention I had 2 Sierras over the years, think I done in the head of the first one, heater matrix went in the first one as well, boiled it dry and even after a ton of stop leak/rad weld stuff it still used coolant faster than tigger's been using ATF plus it drank almost a gallon of oil a week on a commute of less than 15 miles.

It definitely had seen better days though, bought at auction for about next to nowt, lights only worked if you flashed main beam, gearbox decided what gear you were getting not where you put the stick and wipers needed a shove to start them off. Still liked it enough to buy another one Cool

Chris Howarth
3rd gear user
OfflineOffline

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 06:58:29 AM »

only had one sierra and drove it only once :Smiley

was looking for a replacement for my 88 granada 2.9 ghia which as you can imagine was a bit on the thirsty side,but i loved it.anyway i looked in the local paper one night and there was an H reg 2 litre DOHC sierra ghia for sale for £500.so i went to have a look at it,decided to buy it after i was driven round the block by the owner in it and left a deposit and picked it up the next afternoon.on the way home the headgasket went :Smiley:SmileyCryCry.i got absoloutly murdered by my missus EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

it sat for a few weeks on the drive and i kept the trusty granada as my daily transport.then a mate of mine with a 2 litre DOHC granada asked me if i wanted his for bits,so i snapped his hand off,swapped engines out of the granada into the sierra and sold it on for what i paid for it,then stripped the granada and sold all the parts through loot,and made a tidy profit GrinGrinGrin

Now Driving a 2004 Mondeo 2 litre Diesel Estate with a 6 speed manual Gearbox,40+ plus mpg here i come!

Adults Are just Children That Owe Money!!!
kerry
1st gear user
OfflineOffline

Good at being bad

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 07:46:18 PM »

Thats the thing now most people are buying granadas and stripping them i know we did as i got a saff twink auto (well i did have) its in the stages at the moment of being finished off having a the granny engine put into it so i wil be driving a 24v about but best bit of all is at the moment it is fairly standard looking has got 17" alloys lowered and bigger brakes etc but still four stud and badged up as a 2.0l ghia but will be running on about 200 brake rwd  TongueTongueTongueTongue

Im not a girl racer honest GrinGrinGrinthis saff had to be different from the last one as i didnt want to always be comparing but no chance of that happening now  SmileySmileySmileySmileyplease don't read this and think another speed freak as im not (honest)

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: